Something finished finally

7.27.2008

















Frog says, "Nice socks, about time you finished them." It was super silly to procrastinate knitting that second sport weight sock. Once the froggin sock was rotated into work commute knitting it only took 3 days to finish. So nice to have something off the needles! Which gives me an excuse to bring the frogs out for a little photo opp.
















Just one more because I think my frogs are cute.
The specifics - Woolgirl sock club 2008 with the awesome theme of tree frogs, yarn is Dashing Dachs sport weight in Froggin with the pattern of the same name.

For some odd reason I'm not much into socks at the moment, maybe perversely since a certain knitter signed up for the summer of socks. That stubborn part of my personality said, "You can't tell me what to do, I'm knitting sweaters now!" (Nothing like alpaca in your lap when your apartment is 85 degrees but it doesn't stop me) Actually there were no knitting with alpaca this week since the extra skeins haven't arrived. I impulsed on some Sublime extra fine merino with the alpaca order and the merino happened to be back ordered. So the sweater on the needles this week was Liesl out of Sundara's Aran Silky Merino.















It took a couple days to get past row number 5, apparently a certain knitter can't yarn over and count at the same time. Memories of the February baby sweater travesty came flooding back when I couldn't knit that gull stitch if a gun was to my head. However being stubborn got me through the rough patch and now there are the correct number of stitches on the needles. Shewwww. Feather and Fan stitch can the two of us make peace and complete a sweater? Remember I can always send you back to the frog pond.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Sundara yarn you're using for your Liesl. The colours really seem to sing out!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs