Instead I decided to comb my own stash for the duel purposes of refreshing my brain on what's stockpiled in there and to weed out any unwanted items. Also to give me some ideas of holes in the stash since I'm not banning all fabric purchases. Here are my take aways from communing with my stash.
1. Hey dumb dumb, stop buying fabrics that are cream or oatmeal in color. Same goes for any prints that have these colors as the background. You know these colors don't look good on you and no garment will make them magically flattering. Stick with the colors you know suit you, true white, black, gray and jewel tones.
2. Is an alternate personality starting some sort of jeans business, cause there is a ton of blue/black denim in the stash cave. Until I see some jeans magically appear in my dresser no more denim purchases. Unless it's colored denim then Future Heather has permission to go nuts.
3. How much silk crepe de chine does a stay at home mom of a toddler need? Probably about 1/4 of what's in that rough neck container. Sew what ya got. Or just lay it on the floor and roll around in it. Wheeeeeee!
7. You have wool coating in every color you wear, that's probably enough. Forget about an adult sized hot pink Barbie coat....Forget about it! Oh look I have faux leopard fur in the stash already...crap.
8. Solid cotton blend knits and striped knits, buy those things Future Heather but maybe not more gray. You're buying gray right now aren't you?
9. Damn I have a lot of gray wool. Is gray my signature color or something? *Looks down to find I'm wearing dark gray pants and a light gray sweater.* Crap
Anyway....I did find some fabric candidates to put up in the stash diet swap page. Nothing too exciting, mostly things that were the wrong color for my complexion. I also have a few items inherited from my grandma that I just don't feel like using. I need to measure yardage and do a little color correction but hope to have must of the fabric posted by the end of the week. Drop in on the flickr group of you're interested.