ridiculous dress sewing list post. Sure this fabric supposed to be for Butterick 6019, but no one tells the Tiki Goddess what to do. Unless they are itching for a frozen drink thrown in their face. Do not cross the Tiki Goddess my friends, she might be smuggling tiki torches under her skirts
By Hand London Anna. I used the slash neck bodice and maxi skirt length with the slit.
Vintage light weight cotton snagged on Etsy last year. Not that vintage since the fabric width was 56" wide, but who could resist such a great print. The white palm leaf areas were semi-transparent, so the entire dress was underlined with some siri lining.
1. I traced a straight size 10 and needed a little bit more ease in the waist area. About 1" extra ease split between the skirt panels.
2. Did a 1/2" hollow check adjustment on the bodice front.
3. Standard 1/2" forward shoulder adjustment.
4. Lengthened the bodice 3/4".
5. Lowered thigh slit 2".
6. Took 6" of length off the skirt. Of course then I like the length of the skirt unhemmed. Anyone else have this problem all the time? Because of that I did a very narrow rolled hem instead of my regular 1- 1 1/2" skirt hem.
1. While making the Anna bodice the first time, I didn't read the directions at all and wondered why the armhole area was such a pain in the ass to hem. This time I actually consulted the booklet and found you were supposed to hem the sleeves before sewing the side seams. This does work a whole lot better...durrrrr.
"It's long and pretty." He must like this one better than most.
I didn't jump on the Anna bandwagon last summer, sticking to my staunch party line of "maxi dresses aren't my thing." But now I get it. They're pretty awesome, especially in Hawaiian-esque prints. Froggie book me a flight to the islands, there are tiki parties that need my blessing. Make sure my minions meet me at the gate with a cart full of Mai-Tais. The Tiki Goddess demands libations!
* I contend that my made up origin story is no less ridiculous than some presented in comic books or movies. Thrown from a window and revived by cats? Please.