|Joan's fabulous even when blurry.|
This season I was completely taken with this short sleeve button down shirt Joan wears after telling her husband to take a hike. (See sadly blurry photo to right.) My brain said, "wait there's a pattern almost exactly like that just sitting in the stash. All it needs is a little sleeve redraft."
Most of the hard fitting work on this pattern had been done last year then I was trying to make a banded collar blouse with ruffles. I got bored with that project and moved on, but not before hammering out a pretty decently fitting blouse.
Alterations made included....
1. Full bust adjustment with an additional lowering of the bust dart.
2. Forward shoulder adjustment of about 1/2".
3. Lowering the armhole around 3/4".
4. Adding a little extra width to the back armhole.
5. Moving the location, length and width of all the fish-eye darts.
6. Shorted the 3/4 length sleeve and added a sewn on cuff.
7. Adding almost an 1" to the side seams in the hip area.
8. Reducing the sleeve cap ease about an 1".
The worst part of the fitting process was getting the darts right. The back darts seemed too close to the side seams. I moved them some what closer to center back. Because of my sway back the dart intake was increased and the leg of the dart lengthened. On the front the dart intake had to be reduced to almost nothing. Truth is I don't really need a dart in this location but like the look of one.
As great as Joan looks in rosebud gingham that's something I couldn't pull that off, so out came this long stashed cotton blouse weight.
|Blurry cherry blossoms from Emma one sock years and years ago.|
Ta Daaaa, the finished product.....
|Front and back view worn with Colette Clover Capri length pants.|
|A little detail montage. All photos can be seen larger on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/froggiegirl/sets/72157630363323714/|
I'm already thinking this pattern needs to be made in a solid color with patch pockets!