|On me Grainline Studio's Scout Tee, on my son Jalie 2918.|
For my son Jalie 2918 in some ribbed cowboy print cotton. This is size 2 with the sleeves and hem shortened about an 1". Either neck or the neck binding needs to be enlarged a bit for the next version.
|I'm much too busy to stand still for pictures.|
Confession time, I traced this pattern in November to make his cousin some Christmas T-shirts and then never sewed them. Ooops. At least this pattern has a huge size range so my nephew might get some correctly size T-shirts at some point.
I ignored the directions and used the coverstitch machine to do the neck binding and hems. The rest is all straight forward overlocking of seams. Easy Peasy.
|There's a new sheriff in town.|
For me Grainline Studio's Scout Woven Tee in Stretch Silk Crepe de Chine. (Still available here)
|Pants are Hotpattern's boyfriend jeans, which are awesome.|
A muslin showed that there was plenty of ease in the bust but I still really needed a bust dart. To accomplish this I took out the front pattern piece from the Anthropologie knock off blouse and traced the dart. Then added the amount of the dart intake to the bottom of the side seam and blended it into the hemline.
Other fitting changes were my standard 1/2" forward shoulder adjustment and 1/4 additional ease added to the hip. My bustline sucks up a lot of length so 3" were added to the body and 1" to the sleeves. I should have increased the ease across the upper back for freer arm movement but didn't notice that until wearing the finished shirt. Thank god for stretch silk!
The only thing that can be a bit tricky in construction is the bias neckline. But wait, Jen made a detailed tutorial on her website that totally rocks. I've used it a couple of times now for different garments and highly recommend it. Love this Tee, it's my new favorite.
|Some bust dart action.|