Lea Dress from Jolie Marie Louise
Dress weight black stretch denim - probably from EOS from some point
A bit of red polyester lining for the pockets
You'll that the list of adjustments is rather long and I was surprised at the number after writing them down. Feel like I should note that fitting this dress was very easy due to the amount of seams. Just tweak a bit out here and put a bit more back there.
1. Standard 1/2" forward shoulder adjustment.
2. 1/2" nipped out of the princess line seams at the back waist.
3. 1/2" was also removed from the top of the back princess line seam to decrease the size of the armhole.
4. Sway back adjustment of 1/2" to the back bodice.
5. 3/4" of ease added to the side seams at the hip area. I went back and took some of this out because there the stretch denim gave me some extra wiggle room.
1. Neckline curve dropped 3/4". You know I like my lower necklines.
2. Increased the length of skirt 1 5/8".
3. Added a vent to the CB skirt slit because I prefer that finish.
- The armhole is low enough to show the bra band on some of the styles I wear. Will go back and raise it about 1/2" for any future versions.
- With the deep 2" hem, the finished back slit is too short for my taste. Since I added a vent intake I couldn't go back and make the slit higher. For the future I will add another 1" to the top of my vent.
"Seven buttons, that's a lucky number." You know it baby, cause I only had 7 of those vintage red buttons.
My Final Thoughts
More Patterns, MOAAAAAAAR! *Ahem* That is to say I will be interested to see future offerings from this designer. I like the chic style of this first pattern, as well as the more advanced sewing skill level needed. With all the beginner patterns being offered lately, it was a delight to have something interesting to sew that was also more of an "every day" sort of garment. There's only room in the closet for so many cocktail dresses sewn for kicks. At least I'll be prepared when Froggie lands that CEO job.
So in short I'd recommend this pattern and will be trying to get as much use out if it until the weather turns. Now I'm off to be effortless chic until I trip over a door frame while stuffing Froggie into my pocket. Look out below!