Wardrobe Holes

9.21.2014

I've spent most of the last week in bed thanks to the latest round of "school germs" that Desmond has so kindly shared with me. They say that sharing is caring, but the line really should have been drawn before getting to germs. It would also be helpful if my toddler would stop trying to stuff his fingers in my mouth. Love you kid but your obsession with my lipstick needs to stop.

So anyway, forced bed rest is bad for sewing/blogging/housecleaning, but it is good for planning, knitting, and watching Timothy Olypant be menacingly charming in a cowboy hat. Honestly guys, why didn't you tell me about "Justified"?   Olypant in cowboy hat, Marshalling shit up! Pretty much the perfect show for a girl that was raised on Westerns and cop movies.
While the sewing part of the Fall Essentials plan has gone to shit, Timothy/Rayland and I have been making pretty good progress on the Chickadee sweater.  Thank the lord for that or I'd be ripping my hair out right now thinking about how I'm going to be ice cold in a few weeks. Chickadee is a top down sweater and I'm just to the point of starting the waist decreases. That's probably not 50% of the sweater done, but it has to be close to it.
On the planning front I've been mentally adding things to the Fall Essentials list as I find myself reaching for clothing that doesn't exist. Damn, why aren't my sewing elves anticipating my every need? So far these items must to find their way into my closet....

1. Some sort of snow leopard top - All my snow leopard fabric has been used up. How did this HAPPEN!? Please don't revoke my animal print card.

2. Cobalt skirt and/or pants - DSW told me to do it.
3. Magenta or purple skirt and top - The stash does have magenta jersey so my 20th or so Nettie is an option. Still I'd like a purple skirt because fabric purchases are fun and I already own two pairs of purple shoes.

4. Anything hot pink - My pink and black Luxulite set needs some love.
5. A black and white striped raglan top - Keep seeing people wearing these on instagram with brightly colored skirts. "I want to go there."

OK then, I'm sure adding a bunch more things to the sewing list is not going to stress me out in the least. Shhhh, shhh, shhh brain, turn on some more "Justified" and look at the cowboy hats. "You'll never leave Harlan alive, baby."

22 comments:

  1. Get well soon! My husband is a teacher and freely shares his school germs with me. Ugh! Your chickadee looks absolutely scrumptious! So cheerful!

    I've been sewing up a storm for FESA but am bad at photographing. I've also been knitting a lot, too, courtesy of Miss Marple. In addition to my Clementine sweater, I finished a beret and a pair of fingerless gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, and hope you feel better soon. Daycare germs are the worst - I've watched many friends/colleagues go through this, and it's never pretty. The things we do for our kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I too keep adding more and more! Hope you get feeling better, but in the mean time I'm glad Timothy can keep you company!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sad that you only just found Justified. It is great!
    That Luxulite set will be adorable on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to add Justified to my "watch with Hubby" list--he loves westerns, I'm not a huge fan. Although I did like American Outlaws quite a lot. :-) And while we haven't been sick (yet), my wardrobe sewing has also been slow, so I feel your pain. Hopefully, we can both get to some serious stitching soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Timothy Olyphant is the only reason I watch Justified - what a yummy man!
    The sweater looks beautiful and snuggly.
    I agree with your list of essentials. It's now my list. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. www.tresbienensemble.comSeptember 22, 2014 at 1:20 PM

    You are much better intuned to your wardrobe needs than I! I have narrowed down general concepts, like Pants. Long sleeves. I've even taken it a step father and broken those concepts into categories, wide leg trouser, skinny straight leg pants. But that's where it ends.


    I hope you feel yourself again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kids.... I have just come down with some kind of bug too! ugh! The sweater is looking great though! You are a very productive sick person !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I'm liking the list! That's my go to activity when I'm not well enough to sew too! The sweater progress is looking good too. Hang in there and get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have excellent taste in men Sarah. Who could get enough of him running around in that cowboy hat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Sarah, you really are knitting up a storm. Going to have your FESA all locked up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Carolyn. Maybe I should invest in a large plastic bubble for myself in the meantime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man, the sewing list never gets shorter, does it? I remember seeing yours on instagram and it was already about a page long. Tell the Pugs to kick their sewing into high gear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL Anto. Glad to give you a little Raylan eye candy in the morning. Having to look away from Timothy's face is one of the down sides of multi tasking. Good thing there's rewind for such occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Right? Not sure how I missed it till know. At least with all the great streaming services I can have a fun marathon of Raylan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Add it, add it, add it! Not being able to get in any good sewing time is the worst. I'll be crossing my fingers for you that the kiddos will cooperate with some sewing plans.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haa haa, I think Timothy is the the only reason I'm watching it too. That's OK, he's more than enough. :)


    If you spy any good hot pink fabric let me know. My stash is sadly lacking in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey pants and long sleeves is a start! Then you can rifle through your patterns and see what jumps out at ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Booo, sorry the germs have gotten their claws in you Margo. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Emily. I may be doing a spot more knitting and TV watching this week. At least my sweater will be ready this year unlike last years sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope so! Some beautiful velvet fine wale corduroy has made it into my stash and is begging to be sewn :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs