Sundress Sew-a-long - Pattern picks
Happy July 1st everyone, sundress sew-a-long is officially underway!! I'd say that Froggie and I are celebrating with mimosas, but in truth we are just eating chocolate chips straight out of the bag. Sometimes you have to spend your champagne money on car repairs. C'est la vie. But we're not going to let that get us down because sewing plans are free! Should any of you be looking around for sewing inspiration we've compiled a list of our favorite new dress patterns.
1. Butterick 6167 - The newish bust shelf pattern from Gertie. This is the pattern I'll be making if I can finally stop waffling around about fabric selection. Flora, tropical, polka dots, they all seem to be choices that will work equally well. I might just have to blindfold myself and throw a dart at some swatches to decide.
2. Butterick 6164 - I really like the classic design of the pattern and the sample fabric used doesn't hurt either. Interesting use of darts at the neckline.
3. For causal maxi dress lovers there are the pattern options of the Southport dress for wovens and the Sallie for knits. Both seem like great wardrobe building patterns.
4. Sew Over It Vintage Shirt Dress - They've given me a bunch of antibiotics but I've still got shirt dress fever. The new pattern by sew over it makes me want to scratch that shirt dress itch some more.
5. Vogue 1446 - If anyone is looking for a challenge then this Rebecca Taylor design has one eye catching back.
Those are a couple of lovelies I've had my eyes on recently. If you're in the mood for more pattern ideas then check out last year's pattern posts for modern or retro picks. Those of you with plans already, I can't wait to see what you sew up!