Hello Sew-a-long sisters, I'm back with my vintage inspired sundress picks. You know I like a good retro inspired pattern even if I'm just a vintage dressing poser. Have a seat on the patio and and I'll get you a glass of long island iced tea, while we discuss the merits of princess line seams and halter straps. Then we can break out the red lipstick and decide how many shades a girl really needs.
1. Colette Lily - Some how elegant without being over the top fancy. It might be my favorite sheath style sundress. Contrast bodice and pocket details, yes, yes, yes!
2. Butterick 6019 - Vaaaavooom! Sexy tiki dress, need I say more? "You know, it's dangerous for you to be in the frozen food section. Because you could melt all this stuff."
3. BlueGingerDoll Billie Jean - The perfect dress for picnics in the park. I'm picturing one sewn up in some floaty cotton lawn for those hot summer days.
4. Vogue 8812 - Sure you could go to the beach party in shorts and a tee shirt, or you could go in STYLE! The gathered bust area paired with tiny spaghetti straps is fabulous. Quick, someone find me some red plaid fabric, stat!
5. By Hand London Flora Flora's tank bodice option screams sundress to me. Sewn up in some bright cotton it would be a cute dress for strolling around town.
6. Simplicity 1353 - Oh how I love you view A. The full skirt with the sweetheart neckline just knocks my socks off.
7. Vogue 8789 What this old thing? I just wear it to do some heavy gardening. ;) Jokes aside, the possibilities of a bias bodice intrigues me. Such fun things you could do with a linear print motif.
8. Colette Hazel - I want to insert that old cover girl tag line, "Easy, breezy, beautiful..." cause that description fits Hazel to a tee. The perfect pattern for seersucker or gingham fabric.