Hey there blog readers, seasonal summer temps have arrived and that means it's time to come up with a summer sewing plan. At least that's what organized people would do and I'm trying to masquerade as one. Shhhhh don't tell.
My brain hasn't gotten the organizational memo though. Probably because it's been busy deleting pertinent knowledge to store more song lyrics. When I asked it, "What do we really want to wear this summer," it returned me a null value. Really brain? You have no preference to what gets sewn? You do know that we really need clothing right now. So maybe you need to keep me from sewing evening gowns or Jem and the Holograms costumes. Brain ignores me, tries to recall who sang that cover of "Careless Whisper" it heard on the TMS podcast the other day. Fine brain, I'll just pull out my pattern stash and see what's lurking in there. Oh so many things were lurking there....so many things.
Separates - My sewing hasn't quite caught up to my weight loss. Right now I'm working with 2 A-line skirts, one stretch denim pencil skirt, and exercise clothing for bottoms. A couple madewell knock-off Tees and RTW shirts from my late 20's for tops. This girl needs a few more separates and fast.
1. More Netties - These don't take too long to sew up and I'm digging how they look with skirts. Current plans are for a turquoise, royal blue, and black versions.
2. More Emery skirts hacks - Cause I need them to wear with my Netties. Watch me go and sew all of my rayon up into gathered skirts.
3. Some neutral colored Betsy Pencil skirts - I like my current denim pencil skirt a lot and would wear it regularly even if I wasn't short on clothing. A few more that coordinate with my random collection of knit tops would be useful.
4. Belcarra - Bought the pattern when it was released and still haven't gotten around to muslining it up. My stash as plenty of lawn and blouse weight fabrics that will work great.
5. Maybe a Bustier top - Right now I've got a bee in my bonnet about wanting some bustier tops. My pattern stash has both the Gertie bombshell dress pattern and OOP McCall's 6325 patterns to play around with. Not entirely sure it's a garment I'd wear on a regular basis though. For now it can sit at the bottom of the sewing list until a few other things get made.
Sundresses - I personally wasn't comfortable going sleeveless at my heavier weight, but that didn't stop me from buying patterns. Time to break those babies out and do a little stashbusting too.
1. Colette Lily
butterfly pique.....which I may of picked up last month when it was on sale.
2. Sewaholic Cambie
3. Deer and Doe Belladone
4. McCall's 6833
Almond Rock who just blogged about her version. OMG it's soooo cute! I might even take this clipped voile out of the "too pretty to sew" pile for this pattern. Since this pattern isn't in my stash yet, of course that's the garment I want to make it Right Now! However I will be sensible and wait for the next JoAnn's pattern sale day..... even if it slowly kills me to do so.
So that's the plan for now. If the past events are any indication of the present, then expect me to sew two items from this list in completely different fabrics before moving on to a new list. You know I'm easily distracted...ooooo shiny things!!!
P.S. Oh yeah, it was Ben Folds and Rufus Wainwright who did that "Careless Whisper" cover. Guilty feet ain't got no rhythm....now try to get that out of your head.