Sewing Dares

1.05.2013

Sewing Dares


I'd never thought I'd say this but Twitter is awesome.   I've recently started following and being followed by a bunch of other sewing ladies.  Nothing is more fun than talking about what each of us is sewing, or drooling over someone's latest garment.
Last night Gillian of Crafting a Rainbow started issuing sewing dares to anyone who asked for one.  I don't have a good follow through on sewing challenges, but Gillian assured me that there would be no judgement if the dare was not met.  See Twitter sewing ladies are cool.  After taking a look-see through my flickr account Gillian issued me the dare of sewing "Something sexy for going out/events. I want to see some Va-va-voom." Ooooo I get to make something fun for my dare, It's On!

After some late night mulling over patterns and stashed fabric I think there is a winner..... Gertie's beautiful retro dress Butterick 5814.
Is this enough Va-va-voom for yah?
Lucky for little old me the stash has an extensive Crepe de Chine collection.  Should I go with the lime green leopard print, or maybe use the skulls and roses print.   In the end there was one print that shouted the loudest.....jewel toned feathers.
Please wipe the drool from your face.

So I'm using stashed fabric, a stashed pattern and getting to try my hand at some boning for the first time!  Clear off the sewing table (dining room table) cause all other projects are on hold, I'm going do this dare!

See the complete list of sewing dares here.

Do you want your own sewing dare?  Tweet Gillian at @gilliancrafts #sewingdares.

5 comments:

  1. I looooove this dress! I think you'll do a fantabulous job.

    Laura Mae did a version of it with helpful pictures. http://lilacsandlace.blogspot.com/2012/12/red-velvet-reveal.html

    Doooooooeeeeeeeeeet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooo thanks for the helpful linkie. Kick my ass if I don't do it. :)

      Delete
  2. A winner of a pattern and fabric combo for your dare, for sure! Looking forward to seeing the completed dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks poppy kettle. :) I'm working on the muslin right now.

      Delete
  3. Twitter IS much more awesome when you throw sewists into the mix, isn't it? Except that I get distracted and it cuts into my sewing time! :P

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs