Silky Spring Archer

4.13.2013

Once upon a time this garment maker strayed across the Wiksten site and fell in love with everything she was doing.  Being out of her size/price range I made due with just snapping up all her sewing patterns and then serially stalking her blog.

I might have drooled on myself when she collaborated with Dealtry and made the most lovely print imaginable.  I think it's frowned upon to put your kid up for adoption to get money to buy silk tanks and dresses, so again I had to admire from afar.

Fast forward to last year when Jenny tweeted that she'd set up a spoonflower shop with several of her prints.  I threw some goldfish crackers at my kid and grabbed my credit card.  "Don't bother Mommy she's buying custom printed silk." Muhaaaa all the pretties will be mine!  I'm still surprised by my restraint only buying the fall colorway in silk crepe de chine.  It seems that all of you love it too because it was the number one choice between blog comments and tweets for the Archer sew-a-long.
I might have already finished mine, over achiever that I am.
Come closer while I strike a pose
On the back I increased the sway back alteration another 1/2" and think it looks better than the first shirt.
And now the real test, toddler action shots.
This was a perfect fabric/pattern pairing so thanks blog readers, you were so right.

FYI - The pants are Hotpatterns Weekender boyfriend jeans made last year.  They do not fit exactly right because "cycle of pant fitting hate," but I still like them.

16 comments:

  1. What a winner! Superb fabric and outstanding sewing - and it passed the toddler test - all boxes ticked! ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, the Toddler Test is often a nail biter. Thank so much Judith.

      Delete
  2. Loving your Archer! Looks like a great fit and the fabric looks great as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, this pattern is certainly in my top 5 of this year.

      Delete
  3. I found your blog when looking for other PA sewers on the sewintists map and I've been laughing ever since! Your pants fitting post was too funny (and too true) and this post made me crack up too! That is a lovely print - and the fit looks great! I really need to get this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shar, now I have to run over to the sewintists map and see where you are in Pa. I'm blog you're enjoying my blog, thanks. I highly recommend this pattern, so yes get it!

      Delete
  4. I love it! I'm so amazed by the way you churn out beautiful button-up shirts like they are a simple tee! The drape of the silk is so lovely on this one - I bet it's lovely to wear, too! Next time Jen has a sewalong, I think she should conscript you to sew samples and be backup in writing the tutorials! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian. :) Button downs were the first thing I got to fit me correctly so maybe that's why I churn them out. Cause you know the big butt makes RTW button downs nigh impossible to fit.

      Delete
  5. Great to see your beautiful Archer shirt in action - you overachiever you! It's so much better than RTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Velosewer, once I got started sewing it I couldn't stop. :)

      Delete
  6. Love your silk Archer. I also fell in love with Jenny's spoonflower collection but exercised utmost restraint and never bought any... perhaps now is the time? Seeing how well your Archer fits makes me think that I should have down a swayback adjustment on mine. Maybe next time. You are rocking that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stitch Parade! I'm thinking that we should both buy something from Jenny's spoonflower shop. Maybe some cotton for spring tops?

      Delete
  7. Yesiree indeed, that silks is highly covetable. Delicious, even. And it's gorgeous made up as an Archer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Poppykettle! This is probably not my last silk Archer. :)

      Delete
  8. What a great top! I don't think the color is too fall at all - blue fits into a spring wardrobe really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madalynne. Your right, the print is full of bright colors and works well for spring too.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs