Sweaters glorious sweaters

8.11.2007

I thought that I had a post started mid week but I must have dreamed that. What I wanted to talk about on Monday/Tuesday is that I found out the Simply Shetland 4 book came out with Eunny Jang's Autumn Rose Pullover in it. Drool.

Then I found a new to
me online store www.twoswansyarns.com who had the book and all the colors of shetland spindrift needed. The box arrived a lot quicker than I expected since it had to cross the country, so I would buy from there again! I thought a picture of some of the yarn was in order and Frog helped me with my picture set up. This is my first project with more than one color so it was a bit awkward knitting two handed but I think I'm catching on. Just have to watch that tricky neck.

Then we had a bit of a break in the heat wave today, it was a beautiful 80 to 83 degree day with blue skies and a cool breeze. So I decided to drive down to Anthropologie and try on sweaters. (Can you tell I'm ready for fall clothing) In the store there were several more sweaters than I'd seen on their website last week, Bonus! Anthropologie's designers/buyers are really going with the knitwear trend this year. There had t0 be at least 35-40 different styles in there. And what was really exciting was that most of the sweater were solid color with cables, seed stitch, lace patterns and a bunch of other wonderful textures I picked up a pair of jeans and a tank top and then grabbed at least 10 sweaters. They were so dead back in the fitting room the women let me take everything into the room with a smile. So lets just say I had a lot of fun and then I put everything back. That trip gave me a ton of design ideas and I also found out I look good in a couple of styles I'd never tried before. Here is the pretty yarn I'm swatching today instead of fixing stuff on the cursed somewhat cowl or continuing with the Eunny Jang Autumn Rose Pullover. (I will be continuing on that later). It is Louise Harding Grace with 50/50 mix of wool and silk. Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs