Secret Stash - Motorcycle Jackets

9.27.2013


Secret Stash is back and today we're gonna talk about my current garment obsession, Motorcycle jackets. I just can not get enough of them, in leather, in wool, with studs, with crazy zippers.  My pinterest inspiration board just keep getting bigger and bigger!
1. Burda Biker Jacket 135 in Lipstick Stain wool flannel coating from Gorgeous Fabrics. First of all, how sexy is that color name? Mmm yeah, gonna get me some Lipstick Stain and wear it in the middle of gray winter. You can't break me Old Man Winter cause I got my red coat on! *Sashays into a snow drift*
-Spoiler, I'm sewing this pattern (sadly not in red) and it's well drafted with some fun details.

2. Style Arc Prinnie Jacket in Copper faux leather. Oh yes, just think now nice you'll look with that draped front in shiny shiny faux leather.  Like an alternate world Statue of Liberty, but you know, stylish.

3. Kwik Sew 3764 in snow leopard stretch denim from Marcy Tilton. Pay no attention to the frankly horrible sample garments, I've seen this sewn up by women with better style.  Make it up in some stretch denim for a lightweight jacket for the fall. Meeeeow!

Bonus pattern - Seems one of my favorites in the mental catalog, Simplicity 2056, has been taken out of print.
You can still buy it from the Simplicity website or ransack your local JoAnn's. Pay no attention to me as I hover behind you waiting to rip it out of your hands. Score!

P.S. - If you feel like casting a vote for me in the Mae contest just click your way over here. The red bird and I say Thanks!

16 comments:

  1. When I decided to take on a coat last year, it was originally going to be a motorcycle jacket. I was trying to decide between the Kwik Sew you posted and the one from BurdaStyle (Larissa #6032 http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store/patterns/larissa ) but then I changed my mind for whatever reason and went with a coat instead. Funny how that happens, eh?


    I can't wait to see your version of the Burda biker jacket though--that's a sexy pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Simplicity pattern...I will be on the hunt now! Your jacket ideas are awesome. Love the red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Kwik Sew jacket has real potential. Why didn't the KS people see that? Love the idea of a red moto jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with your patterns selections! I have the kwiksew one and want the simplicity as well. Such fun! I voted for your Mae too, best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsession over motorcycle jackets too!! I love cropped jackets in general. I feel like they work better for me since I'm short. Can't wait to see your Burda Biker jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your brain was on to the next shiny thing. :) I have that happen all the time too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I think I'm gonna pick that simplicity up too, it got stared at several times last year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I would have given it another look if all those ladies in the FB sewing group hadn't made beautiful versions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Malora, frankly there should be more motorcycle jacket patterns out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Motorcycle jackets for everyone! I'm really getting in to the cropped jacket too, they're nice for the fall weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm excited to see your finished jacket. May I be so bold as to request a "Rose is Rose" biker-babe photoshoot when you do the big reveal? Seems fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must admit I had to look up Rose is Rose biker babe reference. If only I had a motorcyle and a curly wig to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  13. anyone know of a sewing pattern for a motorcycle jacket, but for men?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry no, I can only think of Pea coat patterns for men.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was thinking of getting something like Kwik Sew 3764 or the Simplicity 2056 pattern, and modify it for me, question I'm a size 34'' in chest what would be the equivalent to that in woman size?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would guess that using the women's size with a 34" chest would be equivalent to your chest size. You'd just need to remove the waist shaping of course. The size for a 34" chest varies between pattern companies but the info is always on the back of the envelope. If you're buying on line you should also be able to see that info in a link or something like that.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs