As the blog post says I have lots and lots of plans for the month. OK, I ALWAYS have lots and lot of plans for the month, mostly cause my sewing brain likes to plot continuously. "What are we going to do tonight Brain? Same thing we do every night, Try to Sew Up All The Fabric!" (cue theme music)
My usual method to keep things under control is to have only 3-4 projects cut out at once. Maybe less if one of them is a larger project like a coat. The long term power outage blew all that to shreds, making me cut out oodles of stuff. Now I'm awash in plastic baggies and I can't seem to stop my rotary blade. "Feed me fabric, Feed me all night long! Nom Nom Nom!" Can I use my rotary blade's addiction as an excuse to buy more fabric? No? Crap.
Anyway here is what is on my sewing sideboard right now.
1. Pair of Maria Denmark Lounge Pants - found I had extra fabric left over so I made....
5. Bluegingerdoll Stella turned into a shift dress for Blue February - have to refit a smaller size so it's a bit more work than it would be. I've got a cute idea that I hope works out.
6. Kitschy Coo Skater dress - Same scrap concerns as the mini penny. Also girls dresses are super fun to sew. I will milk it until she says NOOOO!
7. Pajama Eater for my older niece - "Where are my feet?!"
9. Renfrew for my sister - Everyone should have one right?
10. Fiddlesticks Patrick Raglan - 1/4 cut cause I don't know which fabric to put with it. OK I know what I should put with it but I want to keep it for myself.
cycle of pants fitting hate continues. Damn't Nathan Fillian, why won't you tell me the number you are currently thinking of!
12. The quilt. - Hey are you gonna sew any more blocks Heather? Or just keep buying fat quarters.....I think we all know the answer to that.
Sighhhhh, could someone please send Mr. Miyagi over to help me focus? I hear he runs a pretty good car detailing services too. "Wax on, wax off.