A very good day

9.15.2007















It's the kind of day where you feel happy even when you're hanging
the laundry up.

The weather is beautiful today, warm but with a touch of fall in the cool breez
e. I took the long drive to Woolgathering to buy some more Louise Harding yarn to finish the gray cable sweater and some addi turbos for the evil baby sweater. Even though the drive is long, most of it is nicely wooded with historic houses peaking out, instead of miles and mile of strip malls. I was very good at the shop, only buying the two things I came for ....not 9 balls of felted tweed to make tangled yoke cardigan. On the way back out of Kennett Square there is a fabric store, easy to miss since it is a converted house. It was really time to check it out and I was pleasantly surprised. For me the rating of a good fabric store is based on it's wool selection. I can breeze through the brightly colored quilting fabric without a second glance, but will fondle gray wool/cashmere blend for 10 minutes. And Yes they had gray wool/cashmere blend and in several colors other than gray. There was a wool/alpaca blend that made me wish I could wear the color camel next to my face. It was gorgeous and would have made a lovely coat (if camel didn't make me look green). Near the wools was the corduroy shelf which contained a dark green that is haunting me. I can picture the kind of cute jacket that could make out if it. Almost makes me long for college days were I had big tables and yards of free paper to make patterns. Had to pass on all the fabric since I had just dropped anther 80 bucks at the yarn shop, leaving only with buttons and some embroidery floss that matches my gray yarn.

The mail man was just pulling away as I parked in front of the apartment. Was my first woolgirl sock club box on the porch? Yes Yes Yes, it was! I made myself wait until lunch was eaten and the laundry was underway before I opened the box. Frog saw that the box was from woolgirl and got very excited. He seems to have remembe
red that Jen once packed some Hershey kisses in a box and now he wanted to get in there. I explained to him that it was highly unlikely that there was chocolate, but he insisted on checking out the box himself.

What fell out first was a cute little notebook and pen in blue (my favorite color!) The cover says Woolgirl sock club journal hee hee hee fun. Then I pulled out the sock pattern which I like the look of. Jen said she design them to be weekend socks and they sure look comfy. Next we got out a pretty little stitch marker and some chocolate mint lip balm, mmm smells like junior mints. Finally out comes the yarn and oh my god it was the most beautiful thing ever. I know we put some color preferences in an email to Jen at sign up time, but I didn't expect the yarn to be exactly what I would have bought for myself. Frog was very good and agreed to model with all the club stuff. That yarn smells good so maybe he wanted a little sniff. After this picture was taken he grabbed the lip balm and scampered off. Maybe I'll get it back after he discovers it doesn't taste good.
I can't really capture the color of the yarn, it has a lot of purple and a little bit of almost green in it along with the blue. The yarn dyer is Miss Babs and the name of the colorway is waterfall. Did they know I was going to do a post where it was stated that I buy any yarn with the words, water, sea, mermaid in the colorway? I blame my father for this weakness since he took us to the beach alllll the time. Water color yarn is better than the beach and a great way to end a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs