Archer Button down - Wearable muslin #3

3.14.2013

Guess what, that wearable muslin turned out pretty good. Dare I say it gets the upgrade to finished object?
The fit on the front of the shirt is perfect, enough ease for comfort but not to much.
Archer Front
On the back I probably need a bigger sway back alteration.  Though the pleat is messing up my assement since that's not a design feature I use on my own shirt block.
Archer Back
And the pockets! Usually pockets and my boobs do not mix (mini pockets are the devils work) but these are fantastic. I feel like people will look at the shirt and say, "Cool that has pockets," instead of, "What's going on with your boobs?"
Archer pockets
Also angled sleeve cuffs = perfect shirt
Archer Cuffs

My love for Jen's designs just grows and grows.  Full flickr set here if you like non modeled detail shoots of collars and cuffs.  A detailed post about my final fitting changes is almost done, so stay tuned for that.  There are still plans to make a silk Archer, but I'll do that with the official sew-a-long.  That way I have a couple of days to stare at the giant pile of silks....too many lovelies to choose from.

6 comments:

  1. It's looking good! Great color choice. I am curious about that diagonal wrinkle across your back, but I'm not yet skilled enough at fitting adjustments to offer suggestions--it could very well be the pleat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beckley, think my grandma and I liked the same colors.

      Delete
  2. Well..you know I love a good shirt ;) This looks great! (I think the diagonal pull is from your pose (bent arm, hand on hip, rather than a fit issue...just my 2 cents)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Pam that the diagonal pull is from the pose. In other pics there were some pulls that seemed to point out that the shirt hem was getting hung up on my rear.

      Delete
  3. I keep visiting you wearing your shirt. I wish you could just come over and tell me what I can make my Archer out of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! We could each sew Archers in our matching sewing machine room. ;)

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs