My TNT fitted buttondown - McCalls 5138

3.30.2013

Hey All, it's time to round out Button Down March with a fitted button down. This one was inspired by the PR fitted blouse contest and the fact that I already had a properly domesticated pattern.

McCalls 5138 and I went 12 rounds last year but in the end I was able to beat it into submission. Then I lifted my arms in the air and yelled Adrian!!!!   Umm no wait, then I made a Joan Holloway inspired blouse. For all the gory details on that, check out this post

And now for the photos of me trying to look nonchalant in my front yard as neighbors walked by with their dogs. Laa laaa laaa, pay no mind to the self obsessed women next to the hedge....damn it's cold out here.
I call this one, Hey is that a plane....or maybe Superman!
While I have a strong preference for two piece collars, the combination of the one piece collar and no button band gives this pattern a vintage feel that I love.  Full flickr set here for more detail shots.
The linen was a Marcy Tilton purchase from last year.  She cleverly sent a book of linen swatches with another order and I was hooked. Why didn't I buy the metallic gray color too!

An now a final shot of this shirt properly styled for the current weather with past FO Burda leather jacket.
 Hey there ladies, just leaning up against a tree. Wanna come over and talk about sewing?

10 comments:

  1. Im so daunted by collars and button downs- I bow before you and what I will now think of as the posing tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could sew a collar! Don't make me sewing dare you. ;) I'll do it by the posing tree.

      Delete
  2. Love this blouse. The color is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour - you styled it well under the tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith, it seems like it's taken 30 some years to learn how to dress myself but better late than never. ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow. Great colour and fit. You've styled this so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Velosewer, I enjoyed the fitted blouse comp. Thanks for being our "host."

      Delete
  5. Hi! Just found your blog. Love finding sewing lovers in the blogosphere. New follower too! Love this shirt, it really accentuates the waist, and the color is gorgeous. Great job! Feel free to pass by my blog, www.GlamourGlory.com, and my Instagram: @reynalay.

    Reyna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reyna, I'll be checking out your blog too. :)

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs